Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Seeing Upside Down


When I was a little girl I often spent hours on my bed imagining our house upside down. And I'd walk through every room in the house in my mind. I have a very active and at times weird imagination which made me read less because to me reading was a total waste of time. I'd rather spend my idle time in my own dreamland which made me happy. I said to myself that one day I'd design a house that way.

I was 6 years old when I set my mind to become and Interior Designer one day. I had an uncle who was an Architect and I'd always let him draw interior perspectives for me and I'd keep them in a box along with the other interior clippings I had collected.

This Boutique I'm featuring today by
Viktor & Rolf brought me back to my childhood days. I still find it fun. Viktor & Rolf turned things upside down and it's gorgeous!


Viktor & Rolf's Upside Down Boutique In Milan

The Dutch design wizards' first signature shop just opened in Milan with an upside-down decor that has oak parquet on the ceiling and chandeliers sprouting out of the floor.

The boutique has the welcome mat on the ceiling!, and chandeliers bloom from the floor (below).


The upside-down neoclassical décor includes upended columns, archways and even the front door.







2 comments:

Patricia said...

how interesting. and strange at the same time. it kind of makes me dizzy looking at it. lol

Peppercorn said...

did it get you disoriented? lol